X Mentor. X Lab. XLR8 Grants.
Sessions Podcast. Studio X.
Curious about Project X-ITE? Want to get feedback on an idea, advice on a hurdle, or input on your pitch? Have a quick question or just want to say hello? Drop by or schedule time during office hours to get one-on-one support, guidance, and information. Monday 9-12, Wednesday 2-5, Thursday 12-3 in Margery Reed Room 120.
The X-Lab is Project X-ITE’s coworking space for student entrepreneurs on the DU campus. The X-Lab is located in Margery Reed Hall Room 116, and is open daily for student entrepreneurs and innovators to use.
What does the X-Lab have to offer?
Workspace for individuals and groups, whiteboards and M-squared boards, every design-thinking supply you could imagine, two big-screen TVs, Google Home, Apple TV, Chromecast Ultra. PLUS – a sticker making machine, a t-shirt press, comfy couches and movable furniture.
The X-Lab is the perfect space to work alongside other student entrepreneurs, get to know the Project X-ITE team, and meet alumni and community partners that frequent the space. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for keycard access.
MINI-GRANTS POWERING IDEATION
- XLR8 is open to undergraduate and graduate students across all disciplines.
- The application deadline is the 15th of each month. Winners will be announced no later than the 22nd of each month.
- The winners of the XLR8 grants must meet with Project X-ITE staff within two months of receiving their funds in order to provide a report on how the funds were used.
- The winner of each XLR8 grant is required to judge the immediate next round of submissions.
- Previous XLR8 winners are not eligible to apply for two months following their win.
CONNECTING STUDENTS WITH DENVER’S BRIGHTEST MINDS
Mentors are a key component to launching a successful startup – or even thinking through the idea for a company or project. We seek experts and those who have been in the trenches to help students along their path to becoming an entrepreneur an innovator in four ways:
- Provide just-in-time support for a quick advising session for individual students
- Provide dedicated mentoring for a student-led startup
- Mentor a group of student entrepreneurs at once
- Participate in X-ITE-led single-day event mentoring session.
This is a great resource for students and a tangible way for the community to get involved with DU and support the next generation of innovators. More than 105 community members have volunteered to serve as mentors to date, and we’re always looking to for more mentors to engage with our students!
Experts! Fill out our mentor form to be included in our database. We’ll let you know about periodic opportunities, and students will have access to your profile. We curate all relationships and help match you with students who need your help. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact email@example.com.
Students! Looking for a mentor for your company or project? Explore our mentor-matching platform, powered by DU student-led startup, Cultivo Media, to find your perfect mentor today!
I like being able to choose which mentor I want to meet with because I can get help with what’s most important to building my company at the time.
Grant Kochmann, Founder of Newtin
X-ITE Sessions is a podcast where Project X-ITE explores innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship with the brightest minds, leaders, and innovators in Colorado, the university ecosystem, and abroad.
Listen to more below or subscribe on your favorite podcast app