Applications for Summer 2019 are Open!
Pioneering Summer is a 10-week accelerator for student-led ventures that are past the ideation stage and ready to test their products or services. Open to all DU student-led companies. For more information, contact email@example.com.
10 Weeks. Nine Companies. 45 Mentors.
During the 2018 program, 30 undergraduate and graduate students across nine teams received financial support, dedicated mentors, workshops led by Denver’s greatest innovators, and other resources to take their ventures to the next level.
At the end of the summer, students pitched their companies to nearly 100 community members, business leaders, and mentors at Demo Day at Catalyst HTI.
The results were amazing!
- Atomata, a grow-tech company, was accepted into the Y-Combinator advisor track mentorship program.
- PocketChange, a micro-giving platform, received angel funding and made it to the DSW Pitch Competition semi-finals.
- Boobi Butter, a breast health company, distributed its product in Nigeria through an educational campaign.
Check out our 2018 Pioneering Summer participants below!
Cooper Fitzpatrick, Carole Green, Drew Harrilchak, & Harriet Prior
Monthly subscription of Colorado craft beers plus access to events
About Pioneering Summer
Are you a DU student working on a startup? Could you benefit from a summer accelerator to take your company to the next level?
Pioneering Summer is a 10-week accelerator for student-led ventures. Project X-ITE will provide you with the resources you need to accelerate your startup and take it to the next level.
Here’s how it works:
- Open to all DU undergraduate and graduate student-led ventures.
- Companies must have at least 2 DU students to qualify as a “team”
- Student teams are required to spend 20 hours per week in an internship of their choosing (Project X-ITE can help!), and 20 hours per week working together on their company
Here’s what you’ll get:
- On campus or a housing stipend for each DU team member
- A $5,000 cash stipend for your company
- Physical workspace on campus in Project X-ITE’s X-Lab
- Weekly mentor sessions with business leaders
Applications for Summer 2019 are currently open!
The Fine Print
- Once accepted, teams must remain in tact for the full duration of Pioneering Summer
- Companies must have a company bank account to accept the stipend
- Companies must have at least 1 person attend each mentoring session
- Student teams must have at least 2 people on campus at all times throughout the summer